Other ConcernsPersistence and bioaccumulation (high) and Non-reproductive organ system toxicity (moderate)
SYNONYMS1'-BIPHENYL)-4,4'-DIYL]BIS(AZO)BIS[N-(4-CHLORO-2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-3-OXOBUTANAMID 2,2'-[(3,3'-DICHLORO-1, 2,2'-[(3,3'-DICHLORO-1, 1'-BIPHENYL)-4,4'-DIYL]BIS(AZO)BIS[N-(4-CHLORO-2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-3-OXOBUTANAMID, 2,2'-[(3,3'-DICHLORO-1,1'-BIPHENYL)-4,4'-DIYL]BIS(AZO)BIS[N-(4-CHLORO-2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-3-OXO-, 2,2'-[(3,3'-DICHLORO[1,1'-BIPHENYL]-4,4'-DIYL)BIS(AZO)]BIS[N-(4-CHLORO-2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-3-OXOBUTYRAMIDE], ACETOACETANILIDE, 2,2"-((3,3'-DICHLORO-4,4'-BIPHENYLYLENE)BIS(AZO))BIS(4'-CHLORO-2',5'-DIMETHOXY-, BUTANAMIDE,, BUTANAMIDE, 2,2'-[(3,3'-DICHLORO[1,1'-BIPHENYL]-4,4'-DIYL)BIS(AZO)]BIS[N-(4-CHLORO-2,5-DIMETHOXYPHENYL)-3-OXO-, CI 21108, E], and PIGMENT YELLOW 83
Unacceptable: EWG VERIFIED products cannot contain this ingredient
CI 21108 is classed chemically as a disazo color.
See how this product scores for common concerns.
LOWAllergies & Immunotoxicity
LOWDevelopmental and Reproductive Toxicity
- DATA SOURCES
Products with this Ingredient
Persistence and bioaccumulation
|Persistent, bioaccumulative in wildlife and humans||Open scientific literature|
|Persistent or bioaccumulative and moderate to high toxicity concern in humans||Environment Canada Domestic Substance List|
|Persistent, bioaccumulative in wildlife||EU PTBs - PRIO database & Secondary PRIO database|
|Persistent, bioaccumulative in wildlife||Canada PBTs - Accelerated Reduction/Elimination of Toxics (ARET)|
Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive)
|Classified as medium human health priority||Environment Canada Domestic Substance List|
|Classified as not expected to be potentially toxic or harmful||Environment Canada Domestic Substance List|
|0 studies in PubMed science library may include information on the toxicity of this chemical||NLM PubMed|
|Not suspected to be an environmental toxin||Environment Canada Domestic Substance List|
- Open scientific/peer reviewed literature
- EC (Environment Canada). 2008. Domestic Substances List Categorization. Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA) Environmental Registry.
- EU (European Union). 2006. Persistent, bioaccumulative chemicals identified in PRIO database - a tool for risk reduction of chemicals. Secondary PRIO database - a tool for risk reduction of chemicals. Secondary Kemi. Place Published, Kemi-Swedish Chemicals Inspectorate.
- EC (Environment Canada). 1994. Accelerated Reduction/Elimination of Toxics (ARET). ARET substance list of persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic chemicals.
- NLM (National Library of Medicine). 2012. PubMed online scientific bibliography data. http://www.pubmed.gov.
Cosmetics and personal care products are not required to be tested for safety before being allowed on the market. The Skin Deep® scoring system was designed to help the public understand whether a product is safe to use or whether it contains ingredients of concern.
Every product and ingredient in Skin Deep gets a two-part score – one for hazard and one for data availability. The safest products score well by both measures, with a low hazard rating and a fair or better data availability rating.HOW WE DETERMINE SCORES
The Skin Deep ingredient hazard score, from 1 to 10, reflects known and suspected hazards linked to the ingredients. The EWG VERIFIED™ mark means a product meets EWG’s strictest criteria for transparency and health.
The Skin Deep data availability rating reflects the number of scientific studies about the product or ingredient in the published scientific literature.