EWG is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC whose mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in healthier environments.
EWG achieves its mission through innovative science translated for a large public audience and made actionable through research, online databases, advocacy and consumer guides. We believe everyone has a right to clean drinking water, healthy food and products that do not have chemicals we know to cause harm to personal health.
To drive consumer awareness, EWG has invested millions of dollars and years of work in robust, online databases that house product scores for more than 100,000 products in categories like personal care, cleaning supplies and food. These databases are the anchor to EWG’s large online community, which now totals almost 30 million people annually. Our key programs are 1) healthy living science, 2) investigative research 3) consumer education and 4) legislative lobbying.
We are a group of public health experts and data nerds who are dedicated to transforming the chemical safety movement into one that proactively protects public health.
And we are hiring!
EWG is seeking to hire a Healthy Living Project Administrator to join our science team. The Project Administrator will primarily assist EWG’s Healthy Living Science team to verify the health and safety of consumer products and maintain our popular consumer databases (Skin Deep® Database, Guide to Healthy Cleaning, Sunscreens Guide). The Project Administrator will mainly support our fast growing EWG VERIFIED™ program. EWG VERIFIED™ is a licensing program that assesses and identifies products that meet EWG VERIFIED™ strict criteria. We started EWG VERIFIED™ to drive companies to create healthier, safer products.
The Project Administrator will engage with companies interested in our databases and licensing program, communicate information about our programs and resources and collect and organize relevant documents.
- Contributing to the review of products for EWG’s licensing program, EWG VERIFIED™, and our consumer databases. Responsibility includes, but is not limited to, collecting and updating product information, document management, spearheading quality control efforts and assisting the team to develop protocols to make these efforts as efficient as possible.
- Assisting with email communications with companies and scheduling multiply people across various time zones for phone calls
- Screening data submitted by companies in compliance with EWG’s databases and verification program, identifying gaps in company submissions and uploading data to the relevant sites, accordingly.
- Assisting with other research and administrative tasks.
- Preferred: BS in science, environmental health, or public health fields.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Internet research.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry.
- Keen organization skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pace work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Location: Washington, D.C. office. This position does not allow for work outside of the metro Washington, D.C. area.
Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. EWG offers fully paid, excellent health care, paid parental leave, plus tax-deferred 403(b) plan, including matched contributions. It’s a casual, growing office with 40+ engaging co-workers.
EWG’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
EWG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to foster a work environment that supports, inspires and respects all individuals. EWG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity of expression, matriculation or political affiliation, or any other protected class recognized in any of the jurisdictions where EWG has offices or employees working. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, or compensation and promotion.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Brett Dorow at [email protected].