Environmental Working Group (EWG), a nonprofit leader in research, public education, and policy research in the field of environmental health, is searching for a GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS MANAGER to help develop and execute EWG’s federal lobbying strategies related to food policy, including support for alternative proteins policies.
- Develop and lead campaigns to alternative protein policies
- Represent EWG before members of Congress, Congressional staff and Administration staff;
- Work collaboratively with EWG’s press, publications, science and agricultural teams;
- Develop and maintain EWG relationships with key stakeholders on legislative and administrative issues.
- Help draft and present testimony, reports, and other materials designed to support EWG’s policy objectives.
- Serve as an expert on EWG policy issues through traditional and social media.
- Assist in recruitment of grasstops and grassroots leaders on food policy issues, specifically alternative proteins policy, and in planning and execution of special advocacy events, both online and in person.
- Conduct research on subjects related to EWG advocacy.
- Liaise with EWG staff, including California government affairs staff, on alternative protein policy development.
- Relationships with Congressional staff and Administrative policy personnel is essential
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process
- Experience in governmental affairs, including Hill experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. EWG offers fully-paid, excellent health care, paid parental leave, plus tax-deferred 403(b) plan, including matched contributions. It’s a casual, growing office with 40+ engaging co-workers and donuts on Fridays.
Location: Washington, DC office
EWG’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
EWG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to foster a work environment that supports, inspires and respects all individuals. EWG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, matriculation or political affiliation, or any other protected class recognized in any of the jurisdictions where EWG has offices or employees working. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter to Brett Dorow at [email protected]