Policy Plate BLOG
Your daily serving of food and farm policy.
Top Ten Reasons the Farm Bill Failed
No one should be surprised that the full House of Representatives thoroughly rejected the bloated and divisive farm bill (H.R. 1947) produced by the Agriculture Committee.
- Cut SNAP by $20 Billion
- Put New Restrictions on SNAP
- Increased Crop Insurance Subsidies
- Raised Price Guarantees
- Extended Direct Payments for Cotton Farmers
- Rejected Crop Insurance Reforms
- Failed to Include Conservation
- Blocked State Safety Standards
- Cut Conservation Programs
- Weakened Environmental Protections
Read the full Ag Mag post here.
For EWG's statement, click here.
EWG's Jason Rano on what today's farm bill vote taught us about reform.
Tweet of the Day:
Go here to sign up for Policy Plate:
Tips? Email: [email protected]