Duke Energy, the largest investor-owned electric utility in the U.S., wants to charge customers in South Carolina more for using less energy. Duke is asking state regulators for permission to more than triple the flat monthly charge – what customers pay...Read more
California's well-earned reputation as the nation's greenest state, with cutting-edge policies mandate fuel efficiency and renewable energy, hides a surprising fact: California also produces the third-most oil in the country.Read more
Recent California Stories:
- A Bill of Rights To Keep Utilities From Penalizing Solar Customers
- Who's Watching the Oil and Gas Industry in California?
- Trump’s Top Regulatory Adviser Juggles Myriad Energy Industry Conflicts of Interest
- In Reversal, EPA Confirms That Fracking Pollutes Drinking Water
- Toxic Chemicals May Contaminate Oil Field Wastewater Used to Grow Calif. Crops
- Will New Chemical Law Hide the Fracking Industry’s Toxic Secrets?
- California’s Fracking Fluids Tell a Bigger Story
- California’s Fracking Fluids
- EWG Deconstructs California’s Toxic Fracking Recipe
- Alarming New Study Could Be First of Many Signs That Fracking Threatens Drinking Water
- New Industry-Friendly Fracking Rules Fall Short
- California’s Fracking Wastewater Full of Toxic Chemicals
- Toxic Stew
- Oil and Water Don’t Mix -- Add trains and it’s a disaster waiting to happen
- Toxic Chemicals in Oil and Gas Drilling Waste: The List Grows Longer
- Cuomo Administration’s Decision to Ban Fracking is a Big Win for New Yorkers, Grassroots Activists
- Billions of Gallons Used to Frack “Monster Wells,” Even in Drought Areas
- Frac Sand Mining, Coming to You Soon?
- Report: Rapidly Expanding Frac Sand Mining is Hidden Danger of Fracking Boom in U.S.
- Too Loud To Be Silenced