Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Do you live and breathe social media? Are you a pro at Instagram stories? Do you see Facebook’s algorithm changes as a challenge to overcome?
The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a leading environmental health research and advocacy organization, is seeking a Social Media Manager for its Washington, D.C., office.
We are a midsized nonprofit with a supersized social media presence: 800,000 social followers across platforms. EWG’s social media profiles are a primary distribution channel for EWG’s groundbreaking research and are critical to supporting our mission.
And our mission is awesome: We fight for the right of all Americans to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals. We do this by educating consumers on what chemicals lurk in their personal environment – including their water, food, personal care products and cleaners – and empower them to fight for better products and policies.
The Social Media Manager, reporting to the Digital Vice President, will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users, drive traffic and generate conversions. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic social nerd who can enhance our brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with organization’s goals.
- Oversee the production and timeline for social media content calendars to ensure they support organization goals.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos and news).
- Work with communications team to drive social referral traffic.
- Collaborate with creative, communications and government affairs teams to generate engaging campaigns.
- Develop social media analytics reports to measure the success of social accounts and campaigns to be delivered on a monthly basis.
- Design social media posts that support SEO.
- Manage communications with followers, ensuring timely response to questions.
- Provide recommendations, best practices and insights on an ongoing basis.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Manage Instagram, Facebook and Twitter platforms, bringing new ideas to the table constantly for organic posts.
- Manage monthly paid social budget, determine how to best use budget to support organization goals, social referral traffic and channel growth.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent. Preferred degree in marketing, communications, digital media or similar.
- Experience: 3-5 years managing social for a nonprofit or consumer-facing brand.
- Keen understanding of the “social media world” – you have seen every meme, spend hours on Instagram and Twitter, and geek out about algorithms.
- Knowledge of social media analytics and reporting. Experience with publishing platform such as Sprout Social strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing paid social campaigns across different social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong writing skills.
- You have excellent judgment, use common sense and learn new things quickly. You are a self-starter and a creative brainstormer.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other graphic creation platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of EWG’s issues and a curiosity about the impact of the environment on our health.
Location: Washington, D.C. office. This position does not allow for tele-work/remote work
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: Brett Dorow, Human Resources Manager at [email protected].