Senior Policy Advocate
Senior Policy Advocate
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a national, non-partisan organization that uses the power of information to protect the environment and human health.
Location: Washington, DC office
The role of EWG’s SENIOR POLICY ADVOCATE is to help develop and implement federal policy strategies that advance EWG’s mission to empower healthier lives in a healthier environment. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of federal environmental law and regulations, strong professional relationships with policymakers within federal agencies, outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. The position requires strong experience with federal policymaking that addresess risks posed by harmful chemicals, pollutants and contaminants. An advanced degree is preferred and at least 10 years of experience in government or government affairs is required.
- Working with EWG’s team of government affairs professionals and retained lobbyists to help carry out EWG’s strategies to reduce the risks posed by harmful chemicals and contaminants or to achieve other priority policy objectives.
- Direct and frequent outreach to policymakers at the Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration, and other regulatory agencies.
- Working collaboratively with other EWG teams to leverage EWG’s scientific and communications expertise.
- Maintaining EWG relationships with members of Congress and their staff to inform the policymaking process.
- Providing political analysis and political strategy based on extensive experience with the regulatory and legislative process.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with coalition partners to coordinate regulatory and legislative activities.
Please send resume, cover letter to Brett Dorow at [email protected]. This position will be open until it is filled.
Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. EWG offers fully-paid, excellent health care, paid parental leave, opportunities for remote work, plus tax-deferred 403(b) plan, including matched contributions. It’s a casual, growing office with 40+ engaging co-workers and donuts on Fridays.
EWG’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
EWG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to foster a work environment that supports, inspires and respects all individuals. EWG does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, matriculation or political affiliation, or any other protected class recognized in any of the jurisdictions where EWG has offices or employees working remotely. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation and promotion.