Executive Assistant to the President
Executive Assistant to the President
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a fast-paced, innovative nonprofit seeking an organized, motivated individual to join our San Francisco, Calif., office. Our mission is to use the power of information to protect human health and the environment.
The Executive Assistant to the President is a full-time position. The position interacts with the general public, press, legislators, donors and staff members on a regular basis. The successful applicant will:
- Serve as the point person for all of the president’s scheduling and travel needs, including handling meeting requests, developing detailed travel itineraries, booking travel arrangements and creating background memos for key meetings.
- Coordinate with the government affairs, communications and development teams to ensure all requests for meetings for the president and external and internal audiences are appropriately answered and scheduled.
- Handle all meeting logistics, in person or by phone, for the president, including creating appropriate materials to prepare the president and coordinating with other meeting participants.
- Manage the president’s speaking engagements and facilitate the development of visual aids by coordinating with the design team.
- Complete timesheets and reimbursements for the president and work with the finance team to code expenses.
- Support donor relations and stewardship by coordinating with the development team, specifically the foundation relations manager, to schedule regular calls and visits with funders.
- Support the president at events, including preparing bios of attendees and providing EWG materials.
- Facilitate the president’s role as chairman of the board, including preparing for board meetings, maintaining regular contact with board members and assisting board members when necessary.
- Assist in planning events as assigned by the VP of development, including but not limited to researching event spaces and going on site visits, developing event strategy, planning event invitations and materials by coordinating with digital and design teams, and overseeing operations on event day.
- Oversee the production of external creative works such documentaries, books, and TV programs, including coordinating early-stage research, scheduling and preparing president for on-camera or phone interviews, and maintaining contact with external teams through the project’s release.
- Answer the phones and welcome visitors at the California office. Serve as the liaison to building management. Coordinate with the DC administrative assistants to order office supplies, address phone and technology issues, and ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This is a “roll up your sleeves” position.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years’ professional experience.
- Experience handling travel logistics and scheduling for a high-level executive preferred.
- Must have a sense of humor and an ability to work well with others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A proven ability to handle multiple projects; and the ability and willingness to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must take initiative, solve problems independently, and be extremely organized and detailed oriented.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Keynote, Outlook, Google Calendars and CRM databases is desired.
- Strong interest in environmental health issues preferred.
Send cover letter addressing above and resume to: Brett Dorow at [email protected].
Location: San Francisco, CA office. This positon does not allow for tele-commuting/remote work.