Sign up today!
Get EWG's healthy shopping tips, news, promotions to support our work and action alerts! You can opt-out at any time.
Many programs provide food or help to purchase food. Learn more:
1. SNAP (food stamps): www.snap-step1.usda.gov or call 1-800-221-5689.
3. School Breakfast and the National School Lunch Program: contact your child's school
4. Free summer meals for kids and teens: 1-866-348-6479 www.strength.org/summermeals
5. Food banks and pantries: 1-800-771-2303, press 0 http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx
Find healthy foods
- Get $2 worth of produce for every $1 you spend. Check out Wholesome Wave: http://wholesomewave.org/partners/ Phone: 203-226-1112
- Find your farmers’ market: http://search.ams.usda.gov/farmersmarkets/Default.aspx
More from EWG
10. http://www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/ 11. http://snap.nal.usda.gov/resource-library/manage-your-food-resources-wisely/meal-planning-shopping-and-budgeting 12. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-on-budget.html