Environmental connections to public health >>
Take our BPA quiz, then pick up the phone...
It's almost the end of the school year - perfect time for a little pop quiz to see if you've been paying attention:
QUESTION: Which of these tactics did BPA industry lobbyists concoct?
- Employing fear tactics like threatening consumers with limited access to affordable baby food. (Guess they don't want to talk about the safe substitutes for bottles, cups, and formula cans already on the market).
- Using a "pregnant young mother who would be willing to speak around the country about the benefits of BPA" as their 'holy grail' spokesperson.
- Focusing fear tactics on historically exploited populations including "Hispanic and African Amercians and the poor."
- "Befriending people that are able to manipulate the legislative process."
- All of the above.
ANSWER: (E) All of the above.
Yowza. Ready to fight back? So are we.
Call now to protest their tactics and demand no more BPA
Coca-Cola: 1-800-GET-COKE, then press 2 Del Monte: 1-800-543-3090
"Hello, My name is ______________. I'm shocked and disappointed in your unethical approach to business when it comes to BPA - placing profits ahead of my family's health and using fear tactics to placate consumers about a clearly dangerous chemical. The BPA needs to go - NOW. Thank you."
After you call...
- Tell us about it. Email EWG about your conversation.
- Get your friends to call. Send an e-card to ask your friends to call today.
- Donate to EWG so we can keep these big corporations from profiting off your family's health.
Thank you for calling. Now the BPA industry lobbyists know that yet another consumer will not stand for their unethical tactics.