Tips for planning your vacation
When planning your holiday travels, think about the following ideas
- travel with your bike- think of the pollution and money that you will be saving + getting in shape
- take a hike- for all the above reasons
- take a train – doing so can have up to 90 percent less impact on the environment, according to Friends of the Earth
- if you must fly, choose an airline that uses young planes which are less polluting; fly during the day because those flights are less polluting and go to countries that really need your money.
- buy and use one water bottle instead of buying (and throwing away) four or six or eight bottles a day
While some of the travel trips might not be the safest alternative here in US, like hitchhiking, there is still a lot you can do when traveling to help environment.