The Environmental Working Group is seeking a GIS Analyst to assist in many ongoing conservation projects.
Qualified candidates should have good communication skills and maintain a general knowledge of soil, air and water conservation within agricultural landscapes.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a national, non-partisan organization that uses the power of information to protect the environment and human health. EWG has been nationally recognized for producing popular, easy-to-use resources advocating for the conservation of water, soil and air resources.
Location: Ames, IA
Participates in the development and implementation of the EWG’s geographic information system (GIS).
Assist on analysis, research and product development as well as long-term enhancement of GIS information technology to meet EWG’s mapping and end user service objectives.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel/Access, and ESRI Arc products.
Knowledgeable with GIS concepts and tools, as well as geospatial data collection. Exposure to open source GIS, python and database programs are a plus.
- Ability to work with other research team members to pursue and complete research tasks, educate the public, policy makers and the media on EWG’s studies, analysis, and reports
- BS in Environment or Agricultural related fields.
- Should have 1-2 years prior GIS experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry.
- Ability to pace work to meet deadlines.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org